An unexamined life is not worth living.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

'Chess is Cool' is actually kind of cool

I must admit I have gotten quite addicted to different tech related podcasts - those turn boring exercising activities (biking or running) into real fun, and make you feel productive. I finally checked out Alexandra Kosteniuk's Chess is cool podcasts, and was pleased with the few episodes that I listened to. They provide some reasonable chess tips and the host shares some of the stories of her preparation for tournaments. So if you are a chess player, and listen to podcasts, you've got to check out her show (click on the logo). I think chess podcasts can be quite useful and entertaining, especially if they are done in dialogue/interview style.



On a personal note, I've met Alexandra Kosteniuk over the chess board when I was as old as she is on this photo (Petrosian's chess club in Moscow), and I recall in that previous life I even had a positive score against her! I did not have as much determination though ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counter