An unexamined life is not worth living.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

From Blogging to Ebooks

You may have noticed a certain lack of updates on this blog in the past year or so. This has been mostly related to my attention being focused to writing chess Ebooks.

Today I would like to overview what I had published in the past year. While blogging is a simple way of sharing chess knowledge, it is less appropriate for explaining a topic in more details. This is where ebooks come in.  My books so far have been focused on three main themes - endgames, tactics and opening/middlegame. I plan to continue expanding on these themes further.

Tactics
It is essential for every chess player to be continuously working on their tactics, so I wrote a couple of books that allow readers to easily practice their skills on the Kindle, or on any IOS or Android Mobile device.
Openings
Every game has an opening stage, and it's important to be prepared for anything an opponent can surprise you with, and also to have a few ideas of your own.
Both opening books contain a large number of puzzles, to reinforce the ideas of each opening.

Endgames
In my opinion, it makes sense to cover endgames based on material, and from learning one material balance it is possible to understand endgames deeper in general.
The book also has a lot of endgame puzzles to solve.

I would be very glad to hear your feedback and suggestions for future books!

2 comments:

  1. Looks really nice. I might give this a shout out on my blog once I've gone through it in more depth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Glad this got you interested :)

    ReplyDelete

Hit Counter